African Food Recipes
Zimbabwe and the rest of Southern Africa has a huge variety of foods and cooking styles, below are a few recipes that may be of interest to you.
Add your Favourite African Recipe
If you have dish that you would like to share, I would love to hear from you, see more about writing for Chirundu.com.
Sweets, Puddings, Desserts & Breads
- Malva Pudding
- Koeksisters Recipe
- Cape Malay Koeksister Recipe
- Buttermilk Ouma Rusks Recipe
- Vetkoek Recipe
- Mealie Bread Recipes (Maize/Corn Bread)
Best Braai Recipes
Rugby, Beer, Sun and Boerewors on the Braai
Ok, so not the height of sophistication when it comes to African cooking but this is where most people first experience African food and what it lacks in sophistication, it more than makes up for with taste and there can be few better things in life than getting all your friends and family over for a braai on a hot sunny day.
Main Courses on the Braai
Sauces and Relishes
- South African Braai Sauce Recipe
- English Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- BBQ Sauce Recipe from Australia
- Chimichurri: Argentina Barbeque Sauce Recipe